LTLO (Learning to Learn Online) EXPRESS

LTLO (Learning to Learn Online) EXPRESS

by Angelo Delli Santi -
Number of replies: 2

Right at the peak of lockdown, there was an Athabasca MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) that was released and it was geared toward students transiting from high school to university, basically students that would be new to online learning. As we all know these students got the opportunity to learn online during lockdown but this course will dig deeper into how to become a better online learner. If you would like your students at your school or even yourself to experience this 5-week course do not hesitate to apply below. FREE OF CHARGE, NO CATCHES, just time to learn. There is a certificate participant get once they complete it. 

http://express.ltlo.ca/

As I will be one of the facilitators in this course it would be nice to see you there. 

Also if you wanted to use this course for your online learners and treat it as an Alberta High School credit(s), I am trying to work out where it would fit and your input will help.

Any questions do not hesitate to contact me and spread the word if you like to (Angelo Delli Santi-angelo.dellisanti@rdcrs.ca)

In reply to Angelo Delli Santi

Re: LTLO (Learning to Learn Online) EXPRESS

by Courtney Rebke -

This looks interesting. Do you think it would fit COM 1255?

In reply to Courtney Rebke

Re: LTLO (Learning to Learn Online) EXPRESS

by Angelo Delli Santi -
Yes you are correct it seems like it fits it.
As this is the sixth time this is being run and I facilitated all of them, I would say it is a go.
I am finding this does go over the basics of CANVAS and then it digs deeper into a reflection of who they are as online learner. There are 5 quizzes that mark themselves and then one e-portfolio that students do. If any of you want your students to progress on this course I would be happy to distribute it to you and then they can get the 1 credit for this course. Let me know what you think.