aviation

aviation

by Debbie Terceros -
Number of replies: 7

Sorry - not exactly moodle related.  I have a student who is taking flight school to get his pilot's license.  According to the flight school some students have received high school credit for this.  Does anyone have any ideas what course this might go with?

In reply to Debbie Terceros

Re: aviation

by Tim Bloomfield -

Debbie, our Division runs a flight academy where students attend class at the airport every day, but since the student you're talking about is doing it externally, I'm thinking you'd be looking for this: https://education.alberta.ca/off-campus-education/high-school-credits-for-external-learning/everyone/high-school-credits-for-external-learning/ 

It shows how you can award High School credits for external learning.

In reply to Tim Bloomfield

by Cyndee Sawatzky -
Hi Tim,

Where are you that the students attend at an airport every day?

I would be interested if anyone has Aviation 15, 25, 35 that they would like to share?

Thank you!
In reply to Cyndee Sawatzky

by Tim Bloomfield -
That is in Prairie Rose Public Schools Division. This program works out of the airport in Medicine Hat.

by Doug Stevens -

It is an LDC, there are two of them: Aviation Flight (15, 25, 35) and a ground school one who's name escapes me (also 15, 25, 35).

by Matthew Goddard -
Our school is offering it next semester, but I am not sure what it will look like as it is the first time running. it.
In reply to Matthew Goddard

by Cyndee Sawatzky -
Hi Matthew,
Do you mind sharing how your aviation went? I am still looking for the LDC 15/25/35 for aviation if you are willing to share?
Thank you!