Error converting from MathML in WCLN Math 20-3

Error converting from MathML in WCLN Math 20-3

by Doug Stevens -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this.  We're using the Alberta Math 20-3 WCLN course, however all of the questions look like:

Error converting from MathML to accessible text.

We have the WIRIS filter installed and running, it just can't seem to make sense of the question.

In reply to Doug Stevens

Re: Error converting from MathML in WCLN Math 20-3

by Brent Sawatzky -

Looks like your WIRIS filter needs to be set-up.

Ensure that the filter is installed and at the top of the filter list.

In reply to Brent Sawatzky

by Doug Stevens -

Hi Brent, as you can see in the screenshot below both are true in our context.

Wiris Filter top

We are also using the most recent "MathType by WIRIS" filter.

In reply to Doug Stevens

by Brent Sawatzky -

Yes, the set-up definitely looks good.   Time to email WIRIS support.   I've seen cases where a site uses the editor for a while and runs into a license issue when they make too many equations (you're allowed a certain number of free ones before needing a license).   For some reason, it impacts the filter as well (which doesn't make sense).    Let them know that you're having a problem and it should be fixed (if you let them know you're part of WCLN it might help with getting it cleared up super quickly).   Cheers

In reply to Brent Sawatzky

by Doug Stevens -

Thanks Brent, it has been sent out. Wish me luck.  In the mean time I'm going to see if some search and replace in the questions.xml from the import file will yield some results.  At least then it will be readable by firefox. smile

In reply to Doug Stevens

by Moodle HUB -
Hi Doug, we had a similar issue recently. It seems that a resetting of the licensing subscription on the Wiris end fixed it for us. We have three Moodle sites and had asked to have a paid subscription for Mathtype on only one of them while keeping viewing only on the other two. We also saw it working on Firefox sometimes and Safari but not on Chrome. Yet to resolve is the issue on what to do with the additional Wiris question types (different subscription) which very few teachers use. Hope it works out for you.
Like you,
In reply to Moodle HUB

by Doug Stevens -

That was us as well. Solution was to call WIRIS to get our filter whitelisted. Thanks for the help everyone!Â