Opening Quizzes Early

Opening Quizzes Early

by Cole Hatchard -
Number of replies: 7

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone had some options around opening a Quiz early for one student but not others. I have a student who wants to write an exam early (Quiz format), but I don't really want it open for all other students at the same time. Is this possible? Has anyone else done anything similar?

In reply to Cole Hatchard

Re: Opening Quizzes Early

by Angelo Delli Santi -
You bet. Set up a name restriction where only that student can write the exam. If you do not want to use a name, you can also use the date restriction.
Once the student is done, take the restriction off. If you have no idea what I mean I can make a video to send to you if you like or post it on this forum. Let me know.
In reply to Angelo Delli Santi

by Cole Hatchard -

Oh that's a good idea too. If there is a name restriction, can that student still only open the Exam after the date at which it is set to open? Or can they open it regardless of the open/close time.

by Angelo Delli Santi -

If you go with the name restriction and the open date is still in the duration of time that the student is able to write it will not have a problem allowing just that student to write. Of course if it is closed they will not have access to write it, but the restriction will only allow that student to view the exam. 

Hope this helps.

by Steven Wornell -
Easiest way I have found is to use the User Override function. You can specify opening and closing. I do it this way all the time as it is for individual users.

by Doug Stevens -

On the quiz gear, look for "User Overrides" where you can set different rules for different individuals.

In reply to Doug Stevens

by Cole Hatchard -

Oh dang - I think this is exactly what I was looking for. I just messaged the student in particular to make sure it looks right on their screen, but I just did a user override for that specific student so that the exam would open earlier. It looks like in general on Moodle it's still not going to open until the original date, so I'm hoping that for the specific student it looks like it will open earlier. 

Thank you so much!