SIVA (Supporting Individuals through Valued Attachments) - Jan 19 and Feb 9

SIVA (Supporting Individuals through Valued Attachments) - Jan 19 and Feb 9

by Alison Hancox -
Number of replies: 0

Hi folks: I have arranged for SIVA to offer our team the SIVA training, specifically designed for online teaching and learning context. 

The training is offered by the SIVA team from https://www.sivatraining.ca/our-programs/the-siva-program/

Friday January 19 9am - 3:30 pm - online in Zoom

Friday February 9 9am - 3:30 pm - online in Zoom

Description of the program:

SIVA (Supporting Individuals through Valued Attachments) is a holistic, relationship-based model that effectively utilizes collaboration, goal-direction, self-management and healthy empowerment to strengthen relationships and create safety with individuals with challenging behaviours and complex needs. The SIVA philosophy and guiding principles therein inspire problem solving, decision-making and systemic change in how programs and families establish and maintain safety. The SIVA model is further represented by clear and concise relationship-based strategies of support that participants are able to apply immediately upon completion of the training. Educators, mental professionals, direct support staff and families have embraced the SIVA model as a refreshing alternative to crisis-focused programs and a reminder of the power of healthy relationships.  

If there are any schools, teams, teachers who wish to receive this certification please reach out to Alison.Hancox@IgniteCentre.ca so that we can coordinate your attendance. There is a charge and depending on numbers I can advise the cost will be somewhere between $100 - $300. We have 11 registered already. We can accommodate 9 more. 

Alison Hancox, MET

Co - Head of School/Principal 
Ignite Centre for eLearning
Where community and connection IGNITE learning!
SOS - Support Our Students! Donate to our virtual bottle drive: app.skipthedepot.com/ignite
AIorK4yHDuj7PhouB3YQ1O1Qi62F-0pUqUj6Ok_I8K8O7HX0_msgIiPVF6_9HvrpWCWHP3OOP100Kpk