How to download MoodleHUB courses

How to download MoodleHUB courses

by Moodle HUB -
Number of replies: 24

*** The process for downloading courses has recently changed ***

To download a course from MoodleHUB, please create a backup of the course of interest and then download it to your computer.

In reply to Moodle HUB

Re: How to download MoodleHUB courses

by Tina Jensen -
Hi Dirk!
Is there a trick to making an account? I have tired. No such luck.
Thanks!
Tina
In reply to Tina Jensen

by Yolanda Chang -
Hi Tina,

I just tried making an account and it worked for me. Did the verification code maybe go into your spam folder?
In reply to Yolanda Chang

by Tina Jensen -
It was quarantined and no notification about being quarantined....Thanks ladies! smile
In reply to Tina Jensen

by Melanie Buckley -

Try looking in your spam or promotions section in your Gmail for your verification code after you create your account in activities.education.ย  ย Mine was in my "promotions" section so it's easy to miss.ย 

In reply to Moodle HUB

by Don Reichert -
I no long can download anything. I used to be able back in the day of rockyviewhib or what ever it is called, however now I can't do anything, I can't even go in and look at courses. What am I doing wrong. I have an account and have had one for many years. Do I need a new account?
In reply to Don Reichert

by Moodle HUB -
Hi Don, try again please.
I know the way we do this access stuff sucks ... have to think of something else.
In reply to Moodle HUB

by Joseph Kavanagh -

Hi,ย 

I am having issues as well. My account was confirmed a while back, but is now all of a sudden unconfirmed again.ย 

I have emailed proof of my certification, I have inquired numerous times and cannot get a reply from anyone about this.ย 

Can you confirm my account please?

In reply to Joseph Kavanagh

by Yolanda Chang -
Hi Joseph. It looks like my account is also now unconfirmed, however it doesn't seem to impede me from viewing or downloading courses from he "Confirmed Educator Only" section.
In reply to Joseph Kavanagh

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Moodle HUB

by Jacklyn Cholach -
Hi Dirk,
I can't see anywhere to create a backup of the course I'm interested in (Tourism). What am I missing?

Thanks,
Jackie
In reply to Jacklyn Cholach

by Yolanda Chang -
Hi Jackie,

This took me awhile to find in the new Moodle 4.0 too! In the "More" bar, select "Course Reuse", then select "Backup" from the dropdown at the top. Here are some pictures to help:

From there it should be the same process as before.

Hope it helps!

by Alena Weppler -
Hi Yolanda! What if there isn't a "More" in the navigation bar? I'm looking at ADLC for Math 20-2 but it doesn't seem to have the same options.

by Mina Desjardins -
Hi,
I have a problem downloading the course... when i click backup it says: error/setting_locked_by_config

Would you be able to help me with this?

Thanks, Mina
In reply to Mina Desjardins

by Alena Weppler -

I'm sorry I don't know how to help you with that, it's not an error I've seen before.ย  Maybe post a new thread and see if one of the more techy members is able to?

In reply to Moodle HUB

by Alan Lipon -
Yup, just need confirmed Educator Access. I have emailed details of my certification. Would you suggest creating a new account or is there any way to confirm if someone needs more information?
In reply to Alan Lipon

by Alan Lipon -
I get the following details when I attempt to create a staging area.

Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (Request new courses).
In reply to Alan Lipon

by Angelo Delli Santi -
You should be good to go now.
In reply to Angelo Delli Santi

by Alan Lipon -
Yup that definitely seemed to help. Thanks.
In reply to Alan Lipon

by Alan Lipon -
Only had to do 3 things to get it rolling once I got confirmed educator. (I am assuming this is OK as it allowed me to do this)

1.Unenrol Myself from a Course as it sets a limit of 3 and for some reason I was enroled into 3 staging areas. That triggered an error when I tried to create the staging area.

2.Mix my own course---->request a staging area to get my own staging area.

3.Enrol myself into the course as a Manager to have it show up in My Courses.

Thanks for the Videos that also helped unfortunately of course the Moodle Version keeps changing.
In reply to Alan Lipon

by Alan Lipon -
Oh and as I figured out, Sharing Cart appears to longer be functioning but Course Backup and Download does work. Building Staging Area is a good way to start figuring out how Moodle works, though. Thanks again MUCH.
In reply to Angelo Delli Santi

by Alan Lipon -
Course Backup and Download works-just some little things I noticed:

-I can't delete my backups from Moodlehub? I can keep doing backups but I want to "clean up" my messes. Let me know if I missed a way of doing that.

-Any idea how to decrease the size of some Backups? English 20-2 ADLC is a 500MB+ backup and I can't import it into our HCS Moodle Site.

Thanks in advance and no worries if you don't have solutions. Just having the repository is SUPER beneficial anyway.
In reply to Alan Lipon

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.